Thread: C6 vette vs 5.0
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2013, 06:15 PM   #42
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
Steve... Zeek can drive, he's one of those drive it like it's stolen peeps, the drivetrain has already been replaced. I was surprised in all actuallity, because I figured I'd have him covered... BTW he ran my wifes Y2K FRC. When he ran my 99 he had just gotten the car and I left him like his car was broken... Difference a cam and c5zheads/intake makes.

Also, my dad has an automatic 05 z51 and I have experience racing it as well (I'm buying it in a couple months)... If the one at hand is mostly stock it should make around 355-365rw. That's 40-50 more than I had racing Zeek. My dad's 05 weighs 3420 with a 3/4 tank of gas and me in it. I never weighed my wife's car (one that ran Zeek) but my optionless 99 weighed 3250 with me in it and a 1/4 tank. So there is about 100-130 more lbs in a c6 z51 than a light weight FRC. My wife's has crossdrilled brakes and heavier wheels, as well as power seats hud etc. On a guess I'd expect my race weight racing Zeek to be around 3250-3300. I had NO gas in the car as I usually do on the street.

If the c6 driver can drive, on a qtr mile the race will be decided by reaction time and 60 foor (traction). On the freeway the c6 should win by at least a car at 150ish. On a road race track, you are going to get smoked unless you are the Stig and your bro has special needs.
Well, I guess when you get your Dad's C6 here, we will have to run them.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote