View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 03:28 PM   #15
G-Mann

I had a nice work from home gig which allowed me to minimize the miles on my stang but now I got to drive in every damn day, 40 miles each way so I just picked up a daily driver which was a 2013 civic lx, base model but it is very well equipped, best in its class, and I got a great deal on it since the 2014's are out.

Started doing the math and the civic pays for itself in gas savings with the miles I now have to daily drive. In the 5.0 I would be filling up every 3 days, that is roughly 1.5 tanks more a week than what I put in my civic, that is roughly $65 a week, that is $260 a month, that is $40 more than I pay for the civic a month. You will have to factor in Insurance costs but I shopped mine over to Farmers and as a result my insurance only went up $300 a year which is $25 a month so I still come out ahead by roughly $15 a month and the beauty of buying vs leasing is that after a few years I will own the the car and have a nice paid off DD and then can go out and get that shelby, C7 or C63amg and not worry about it having to be a DD and racking the miles up on it.

On the back end of buying this DD civic, I keep the BS miles off the stang that lower its value, I estimate I will save $1500 on trade value by keeping the BS miles off the 5.0.

The more miles you drive, the more a DD makes sense, lets not even factor in tires, maintenance, wear and tear etc...