View Single Post
Old 12-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #1
Boss949

Default New "Old Guy" Trophy Club

I should have intro'd myself a while ago. I think another Boss owner in Dallas told me about this forum, actually I believe it was RangerDLA? I've been reading many of the posts and enjoying.

My name is Steve and I'm not addicted to going faster and louder; I can quit anytime I want to….(not)

I'm 63 and have been into Muscle Cars since I could drive. Fords/Mopars/GM's, I've had the opportunity to enjoy many. I used to be in the Car business and had access to many great vehicles.

My son-in-law ( I have 6 sons) has a CTS V with 800+rwhp and talked me into racing my 04 CTS V in July 2012 at TMS Friday Night Drags. I got whipped by a Vette and Mustang 5.0. My wife told me that I was on "drag race restriction" unless I got faster and louder!!! I called one of my daughters who is asst comptroller at Ford Dealership in Florida. Told her my dilemma ; she called me back and said, "Dad, we have 2013 Boss 302 on the showroom". Long story, short; I sold my CTS V and flew down to Orlando and drove the Boss home. I've had a lot of cars including Mustangs and a '86 5.0. This is the most fun car I've owned.

I've done a lot of Mods (in my sig) and get great advice from Loran Keller (Open Track Connection) who does the installs for me.

We have a lot of racers and enthusiasts in our church (yes, I'm the pastor; but I'm not here to judge; I'm here to go faster and louder!!) and we have a great time drag racing, Texas Mile, etc…. I hope to learn much from you guys.
2013 Boss 302 PW, Recaro, Torsen, AED tune, Airaid CAI, MGW, Hotchkis Springs/LCA, Whiteline Relo, CHE K Member w/Torque Limiters, Griggs Torque Arm Kit, T/A rear girdle, Kenny Brown Pan Hard Bar, Whiteline Tranny Bushing, JPC Linelock, JPC stainless clutch line, MT ET Street Radials (when needed), , 2013 GT500 Quad Axle Backs, Kooks LT 1 3/4, O/R X Pipe, Resonator Delete, JPC Line Lock,JPC Clutch Line.

Last edited by Boss949; 12-21-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Boss949 is offline   Reply With Quote