Thread: DFW tuners
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 06:10 PM   #48
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Boy that has never happened at the shop you are now going to. Oh that's right it has, so I wouldn't get to cocky yet. Just saying. That's why these threads are so funny to me. Every shop has these threads about them, every shop.
Well lets compare the two shop tuning since thats all HPP has done:

TS: I've paid for probably 23hrs of tuning mostly NA to get the car running right and to try to make the most power. It made 525 rwhp and 412 rwtq, 29 degrees of timing, running lean, it never idle right, it surged, every time I came to a stop the engine would die, and pretty much every one saw what happen on the dyno when they try to tune for nitrous.

HPP: Paid for 2hrs of tuning, made 544 rwhp, 442rwtq, 23 degrees of timing, A/F ratio perfect, it idle a whole lot better, it doesn't die when I come to any stops. And manny is making the drivibilty perfect and its not costing me a dime. Thats customer service, hes actually driving it around to get the drivbility perfect where TS never really did that. They would give me the car and they said let them know whats wrong and Sean would make the adjustment.

So you tell me if my car isn't perfect example. Oh yea forgot to mention my car has bad piston slap especially when its cold. And I know every shop has their problem cars and done shitty work. But I'm just talking about my car not others. But so far HPP has always impress me with the tuning and the work they've done on my car. I should had paid them the money they quoted to do my build instead of trying to save money and go with TS. Which in the long run it cost me a whole lot more money.

EDIT: I just looked at all the invoices and I paid for 18hrs of tuning.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.

Last edited by BLK2012GT; 09-14-2014 at 06:18 PM.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote