View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #28
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Proof? The best selling small car is a Ford Focus? Hondas Reliabilty isnt as great as it once was and Toyota has recalls it seems every month.
Just based on the experience I had personally, so I don't mean to make a blanket claim. The general perception is that Japanese made cars outlast domestics and that is widely accepted and nothing new.

In the family we have a few Lexus cars that refuse to break. One example is my mom's old Bronco that was broke more than it worked and she bought a 92 Corolla to cart around to and from work and it had over 240k miles when sold. Was still in great working order when it was sold with cold AC. Lexus wins awards for reliability year after year IIRC. Recalls are not a bad thing. That is just the manufacturer stepping up to admit there is a problem and fixing it without costing the customer. How's that a bad thing? If Ford did the same thing with the manuals in our cars, I'm sure no one would be complaining.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote