View Single Post
Old 02-21-2014, 03:32 PM   #29
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Just based on the experience I had personally, so I don't mean to make a blanket claim. The general perception is that Japanese made cars outlast domestics and that is widely accepted and nothing new.

In the family we have a few Lexus cars that refuse to break. One example is my mom's old Bronco that was broke more than it worked and she bought a 92 Corolla to cart around to and from work and it had over 240k miles when sold. Was still in great working order when it was sold with cold AC. Lexus wins awards for reliability year after year IIRC. Recalls are not a bad thing. That is just the manufacturer stepping up to admit there is a problem and fixing it without costing the customer. How's that a bad thing? If Ford did the same thing with the manuals in our cars, I'm sure no one would be complaining.

-Alex
Your basing you experience off of the old cars. YEs old Japanese cars are more reliable thne their american competition of old. Nowadays its almost dead even. The Corolla is losing ground as the Focus is the best selling small car now. ALot of recalls they have done have been mandated by the gov't.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote