Thread: Lets Talk Tires
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2014, 10:23 AM   #39
Crimson600+HP

I decided on the DW's a while back before I even needed another set of tires. My reasoning behind is was there performance/price. Easily the Michelin Pilot Super Sports are the best summer only tire out there, every magazine and reviewer agrees with that statement. They are an industry standard, but they are never on sale and cost a pretty penny.

After the PSS, according to TireRack and other testers, there is a cluttered field of 2nd placers. Pole Position S04's, the Conti DW's, and the others falling behind those two. At that point, it all comes down to which tire has the size you want. Conti's are known for a great road manners tire with decent handling/traction in performance driving. The Pole Position S04's are rated better at handling/traction, but suffer a little more for road manners. All are negligible though unless you are a serious driver. Heck, even pros can barely tell a difference.

Needless to say, right now you can get the Conti DW's for a great price and a free Ion Camcorder (some Go-Pro Type thing) or a $70 credit card bring the price down a little more.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote