View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 07:36 PM   #158
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
"Nothing works unless YOU do."

We're trying to get to the same place, just taking different paths to get there is all.

That is one thing that drives me crazy about some people. When it comes to the subject of supplements. Some people spend a LOT of money taking this or that, tons of whey proteins, fat burners, pre-workouts, post workouts etc, but yet their diet isn't on point. You can't supplement a crap diet!! All of that stuff is just a complete waste unless you eat completely clean and put your body in a heavily overworked state. Even then a lot of the stuff on the market is questionable. But that is another subject.

Personally, I don't think anyone should take anything that your body makes naturally like creatine unless your body is constantly being overloaded with heavy work loads. Even then, something like creatine supplements should be cycled in and out of your system regularly. The body is a very adaptive machine. When you take in something naturally made like creatine, your body will adjust for it because the additional creatine being taken in and will stop making it. When you come off of it will throw things completely out of whack.
I don't do pre-workout stuff or creatine. Most pre-workout supplements have a lot of caffeine in them and my body does not like it. Almost passed out at the gym on no exploded.

As for protein shakes I drink those but not to try and clean up my diet but more for a meal replacement since I am constantly on the road. It's just a simple efficient way to get some protein without being a pain in the ass. ( maybe around 3 or so, kind of my between lunch and dinner snack ) Also I do, do a post workout protein which is good for muscle recovery.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote