View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #36
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Dan12GT View Post
Eh maybe your right these cars are built for one thing. Roll racing.

Just not my cup of tea either because to me these cars are built only to go fast after they have reached a sustainable rolling speed to get traction. To me that's kinda cheating. I'd love to see one of these cars do a 1/4 in their current setup. Again though they aren't built for that....

Oh well agree to disagree
How is that different for any other car purpose built?

Would you take a Stang meant for drag racing on the road course and expect it do well with it's loose suspension?

What about the other way around? A road course car on the drag strip with it's tight suspension?

The roll cars have to be set up properly as well to achieve their times they are trying to achieve. Reducing their times from 60-180mph while trying to win their race against another really fast car ,dialing in traction and keeping the car straight. It's no different than achieving your low ET goal at the drag strip.

Launching a car at the track is a rush. Hold the RPM's at 5500rpms, side step the clutch, get thrown back in the seat as the front of the car lifts off the ground, it's screaming, angry, fighting it to stay straight and attempting your best to lean forward to grab second against gravity. It's awesome!

It's the same thing in these high powered roll cars, just in every gear! In addition to that is an intense tunnel vision you get quickly achieving great speeds of 180-230mph cars. It's intense, gets your heart racing, blurs your senses. It's amazing!

I just don't get how you guys can't be a fan of EVERY type of racing. I love it all!
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote