Thread: Z/28
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #61
merlinmol

It was funny reading this whole thread. I understand that a lot of people here only like Ford's, however, it's sad to put down another car manufaturer based on opinions.

I saw someone say something about GM owing the taxpayer's money. Last time I checked they have already paid back the money they borrowed. Also, don't go saying as if Ford never needed to borrow money because they did too, a couple years before GM and Chrysler. Everyone was hurting back then.

I also saw comments about needing more power to win. You cannot compare power alone to see which is the obvious faster car. Power to weight ratio makes that difference. By now I'd think that everyone knows the Camaro is going to be the heavier car until they re-design the chassis/suspension (which was borrowed from another car to get the Camaro going)

As for the R compound tires. How many people here drive on R compound? Quite a bite the last time I checked. Also if it they were track only tires it wouldn't be allowed on the street which I am pretty sure the z28 is.

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post

But I will say that I don't think GM can have enough damn models of the Camaro out! Holy shit there are so many!

Base, RS, SS, 1LE, ZL1, Z/28
I do love this one the best though. Last time I checked Mustang had the same number of models. When you went to price one out you have a V6 base, V6 Premium, GT Base, GT Premium, Boss, and GT500. That also doesn't include Roush and Saleen that you buy from the dealers. Those are unlisted vehicles that you can order direct from Ford. I understand that most of those are the same car with different options. But Ford sells them as different models'. You also cannot include 1LE as a model as it is an option on the SS. Just like the Track Pack or Recaro's are. One other way to look at it then is the RS = V6, SS = GT, ZL1 = GT500, Z/28 = Boss. So where are all of these extra models?
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote