View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #42
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
And people call bullshit on that as well. You can't compare a Ferrari to a vette. Crap plastic interior to hand made and installed. Come on its apples and oranges.
I agree and disagree. A ZR1 and a 458 are entirely comparable on a track. Similar track times, etc. Now as far as buyers cross-shopping the cars, yes I do agree with you, off-track performance is negligible as everything else about the cars are extremely different.

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Lets be honest the z28 was meant to compete with the gt500 not the boss. That's why the put the big motor in it and the prices are very close.
You very well could be correct. Truth of the matter is that Chevy has not made any statements as to what products this car would be targeting. So we could both be right or wrong. However, since there is an SS and a ZL1, I see the Z/28 fitting right in the middle of those to performance wise. Both manufacturers have an base V8(SS and 5.0GT) and a super GT model(ZL1 and GT500). The Mustang has a track only variant with the Boss 302(whether it's out of production or not for one year, it is still a relevant performance car built after 2012) so what ring would you put Chevy's contender in? The ring with the 5.0GT or in the same ring with a fighter they already have for the GT500?

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote