View Single Post
Old 11-21-2014, 02:00 AM   #1
NAVAG

Default Epoxy Coat (Warning Long)

I've gotten a few complements here and a couple of other sites on my garage floor and figured I'd show you guys how I did it. Mustang related because every Pony deserves a nice stable.

I did several months of research on different products of epoxy coats and floor tiles I used Epoxy Coat. http://www.epoxy-coat.com/

This stuff is absolutely the best "bang for the buck" out there. Everything you need comes in a kit and it is very reasonably priced.

The majority of it was prep work. I cleaned and sanded the floor. I used and acid floor cleaner to remove any oil stains. The good thing about this stuff is that you don't need to get all the paint up but you need to get all the loose stuff that might be flaking up in order to make a good working profile on the floor.

This stuff, like most epoxy, comes with a part a and part b and must be mixed thoroughly for several minutes then poured directly on the floor, spread out with a squeegee, then back roll with a paint roller and sprinkle the flakes.

I didn't use a clear coat. It stays glossy. I did this a year ago and it still shines like it is wet.

Finished it off with some caution tape from Amazon and a few other nick-knacks and fresh paint on the walls and ceiling. Plus I added 6 4' fluorescent lights.

Stable is now complete
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH

Last edited by NAVAG; 11-21-2014 at 02:05 AM.
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote