View Single Post
Old 05-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #1
downtime!

Default Just another 10 second daily driver......

.....that also averaged 30 mpg over 2900 miles! LOL! These cars impress me more every day.

Long story short, drove her to Ohio (Thompson Raceway) and ran 10.85 @ 130 in not terrible air (D/A was right at 1900 at race time). Track prep was good but not great, had to sneak up on rear tire air pressure (started with 18, ended at 15). On the money run, I snoozed a bit at the light (.10, LOL!), did a 1.60 60' and the eighth went by in 7.00 @ 100. All in all, pretty happy with the times. The 295/55 M/T's turned out to be the right choice. The tune still needs some work, but she ran great.

Had a small issue with the clutch sticking again, and when I got back to the pits to cool her off, the car would not shut off. Turned the key, pulled it out of the ignition, and the car kept right on idling. Dumped the clutch and pulled the battery. Let her cool off for about an hour (mid 70's and windy), jumped back in and all seemed normal. Made one more pass and just past the 1000' mark, the ABS system lost its freakin' mind and started cycling the front brakes, hard! First left, then right, then back to left. If you've never had a car try to violently change lanes on you at 130, then you haven't lived! LOL!

Pulled the ABS fuses, drove the car back to the hotel, put them back in, and all seems to be normal again.

Dodged some serious weather in Missouri, and got hammered in Oklahome. Drove right through Moore this morning, and it is a damn disaster area, for real. The tornado leveled a huge shopping mall (they were still actively searching when I came through) and then jumped I-35 and leveled a large housing edition. Looked like a war zone.

Here's a couple of pics form the the racing, should have a video up in a day or two, need sleep for now.