View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 12:58 PM   #16
Dominic Toretto

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Its all in how its delivered. Everyone has a plan till they get hit in the mouth.
That's a majority of it yes. I'm just saying, if you get hit by an 11 year old girl the same way as getting hit by 210lb professional fighter in the same situation, the power difference is going to determine some effects of recovery.

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
I've been training in martial arts most of my life. Its one of my true passions in life, but it's not for reasons most people think. It's not the fighting/violence, but rather the challenge of it all, it's certainly not because I enjoy hurting people because I don't, I hate that part of it. It's a live action chess match. It's not even about the other guy, but rather pushing yourself to place out of your comfort zone and being forced to deal with it. I really enjoy training. The truth of who you really are is shown in the gym. Most people who start training usually quit because they find out quickly they aren't as brave or tough as they thought they were. Then you have the choice of humbling yourself to admit you aren't as tough as you thought and continue training, or quitting.

Only a few people truly have that warrior spirit, but most people don't.
Well said! I'd love to learn a martial art myself.

-Alex

Ford Racing . Pypes . BMR . CDC . American Muscle . DDM Tuning . BFG . J&M . Amsoil . MMD. JLT
Dominic Toretto is offline   Reply With Quote