View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014, 08:42 PM   #1
garner

Default First trip to the track with the 5.0

Went to the track with no cats, no mufflers, stock tune, and 1/4 tank of fuel. Tires were around 40 psi. About 20 mph headwind I think. I'm car #38, left lane all 3 runs

Overall track prep was ok but not great(by the 9th pass overall, the tires weren't sticking and popping like they normally do). And the track workers had no clue wtf they were doing lol

First pass was against my buddy's ecoboost f150 super crew 2wd. He tried launching at 1500 rpm but with the torque he's making after intake, tune, and exhaust he just spun. My best pass

Second pass

Then I had to wait like an hour and a half just to get a run cause the workers kept letting the motorcycles and slick tire cars go instead of street tire cars. Finally the owner got pissed off and made the street tire cars run, but when I was 3rd in line they stopped cause of a few sprinkles of rain. Then when I was about to go they paused again for a couple more sprinkles. So by then the track prep was crappy and my tires were pretty cold

Normally I'm able to do around 15 passes but not today. Some honorable mentions were a LP570-4 superleggara gallardo running 11s(plate said busakiller, lololol) and a nissan GTR which ended up wrecking after I had left. Also had my salesman talking shit to me about being slow(he races sports bikes there and is building a 89 chevy truck with lsx and turbo)

Saw Brent's car out there but didn't get to talk to him. Sorry about that!