View Single Post
Old 01-27-2014, 05:06 PM   #22
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Maybe call CTP and get them to check out the car again? Obviously you haven't had the car back that long, and they would be the guys to figure it out.
That's the plan right now.

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
Hate to tell you, but that's the same symptoms my car had... that resulted in Ford replacing the engine under warranty.

Mine was a completely stock 2012 GT (no tune or any other mods) at 23700 miles. The service replacement engine for my car was what they put in the 2013-14 GTs, with the coated pistons, additional ring gas ports, and different head bolts.

I haven't heard of many blown-up 2013-14 engines, but with boost and some road course time, I could see it. I certainly hope that's not the case for you. Good luck.
I haven't heard of '13+'s having this problem either. That's why I think I may just have a simple fuel or spark problem. Hoping this isn't a huge problem.

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Who tuned it?
I just had it tuned by CTP that same week so I am sure it wasn't them. I had been running the canned ProCharger tune for almost four months. So if there is a culprit, I am pointing at ProChargers tune as I only put maybe 20 miles on the car since CTP touched it. I had driveability issue with ProChargers tune anyways which is why I sought after an aftermarket tuner.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!

Last edited by Crimson600+HP; 01-27-2014 at 05:08 PM.
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote