View Single Post
Old 05-31-2013, 09:02 AM   #16
DirtyD

Originally Posted by J.Shoot View Post
Could this be what happened to my F150. I went out to start it a couple weeks ago, everything lite up like it was going to start but it wouldn't do anything. I disconnected the battery for awhile, hooked back up, still nothing. I plugged in the SCT knowing I needed to put the stock tune back on and the handheld device said "unrecognized vehicle" or something like that. Long story short, I had to have it towed, the local Ford house said I had a dead PCM, 8 days later, $900 later, (out of warranty), I have my truck back. Of course ford said it was either the programmer that caused it to fail or they also saw "mouse tracks" on the engine. I can laugh about it now, but at the time is wasn't funny. I live in the country so the mouse tracks is no surprise, but really..... that's grasping in my opinion.
Just curious what every one thinks. I have not tried to put a tune back on the truck. I'm going to send my programmer back to SCT and let them check it out.
J.Shoot
It could've killed it. If the handheld for some reason no longer had a stock tune there for it to upload, who knows what was going on. Sucks that happened though.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote