View Single Post
Old 12-08-2013, 11:21 PM   #24
2011gt/cs

Originally Posted by merlinmol View Post
I have a Magnuson TVS 2.3 and love it. Mine, like JDBishop's is not a daily.

Steve, why do you say that the VMP has more potential than the Roush and will not heatsoak as much? I like that you answer posts but you have none of these kits on your car and you seem to only talk about the ones you favor at the time. In truth the VMP, Roush and Magnuson TVS kits all use the same Eaton rotors in them. This basically means the casing is the difference. Then from there it goes to installation. I know you said you like VMP because you don't have to splice any wires, but hell you don't have to do that with the Magnuson either. If ease of install is what you want as far as I am aware the Magnuson is the easiest of the TVS' to install. Did mine in about 3.5 hours from start to finish.
I obviously can't answer for Steve, but the reason why I would think he said the VMP has more potential is because of the stage three you can buy. The stage 3 is good for 800rwhp out of the box. It's pretty much plug and play. Has ID injectors and the heatsoak thing, VMP has their heat exchanger which works very well. It also has the JLT CAI standard and option for bigger TB as well as comes with the ported inlet and elbow. It's basically everything you need wrapped up into one whole package at a pretty decent price.
2011gt/cs is offline   Reply With Quote