View Single Post
Old 12-09-2013, 11:00 AM   #28
merlinmol

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
The VMP kit simply doesn't heatsoak like a regular Roush kit will. With its greater cooling mods, big AFCO fans and more efficient intercooler it's runs quite abit cooler than other kits by design. Starkey purposely designed the kit for high temp road course action to whereas the normal Roush kit doesn't share those same components.

I fully understand why you have the Magnuson unit. Anyone here in your position would have done the same thing buying that kit for what you paid for it! Had you had to pay full price like the rest of us, I seriously doubt you would have bought that kit for one that has more potential. The Magnuson is by far and away the most inferior of all the kits available for the Mustang. The reason the kit so easy to install is because the intercooler is so small there is no modifications needed to slide it in. If Magnuson was serious about performance for that blower they would support it better, hell they would have given it a proper inlet to flow some air, but they didn't.

Any blower is fun for these cars, including yours. It's just not ever going to be the go to choice for Stangers for many reasons.
In truth any of the kits can be upgraded without a problem to increase power, or address the heatsoaking. However, I do see where you are coming from. I agree that if there is an out of the box solution to address some of these then why not get it without the extra headache involved with ordering other components on the side, but to say that you can't get the same power or cooling out of them isn't necessarily true. It just depends on your plans and what you are trying to do with it. In my case it doesn't matter which kit I have because the car was built for the street/road course, not really much of a need for more power. You are also correct in that anyone who got the deal I did would not have blinked an eye to buy the kit, too good to pass up.
merlinmol is offline   Reply With Quote