Thread: z/28 review. .
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2014, 11:34 AM   #42
Crimson600+HP

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
So yeah it will have the same driver (Randy), same environment etc....I think it's the annual best driver's car competition.
Exactly and I can't wait to see this type of battle. To think a $75K American muscle car will be competing with a $115K+ Nissan and a $130K+ GT3 is an amazing feat for American car manufacturing.

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
Show me solid proof with the same drivers and we will talk. Funny they didn't test it at willow. It's slower around the ring then the gtr.
I was just pointing out proof at that track. I even acknowleged that they were different drivers so the data should be taken with a grain of salt. But by the same token you note the GTR is faster around the ring, but they were not piloted by the same driver either. Yahoo was the only ones to test these two cars together, but they provide no track times which is lame. Driver said he felt the Nissan was faster with better accelleration, but noted the Z/28 better in the turns and braking department (which on smaller tracks is where time is made). So it is a toss up with these two cars, really dependent on a track. Willow is small without a ton of straights so I give the edge on that track to the Z/28. Open it up with more straights, edge back to the GTR

http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoram...190444455.html

My key factor is every car can put a single fast lap down. I know people on track days that put a faster, single lap down in Porsche's, Vette's, R8's, etc compared to my GT. However, I cross the line first because my brakes hold up better (cooling kits and better pads/fluid) and I can manage my tires. But to be able to do that consisently over 20 minutes is hard on a cars tires and brakes, which are the biggest factors on a real track. Therefore with carbon cermaics that don't fade over time and superior tires give the edge to the Z/28. But I am curious to see what these cars do in a comparo. Knowing car magazines, the GT3 will win though (even if it burns down), the Z/28 will take second and get knocked for poor interior build quality (because racecar), and the GTR will take 3rd because of electronics doing the driving for you.

I can't wait till Randy gets in these cars though and does a real/fair test.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote