Thread: Boss H-Pipe
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2014, 11:12 AM   #7
Lucky13

Originally Posted by NAVAG View Post
I installed the Pype Bombs this morning. Ran up and down the highway. They aren't as bad as I thought they might be. I think my old Fox was louder. They are a little deeper than stock at idle. WOT is "HOLY SHEET". But drone at 2K RPM

Side pipes not as loud but I still hear the gurgle when down shifting; which I love. Absolutely ZERO rasp. Just a noticeable drone - Adjusted radio volume to compensate for drone. I don't mind it but I know my wife might say something when she is riding with me. I'll make it up to her by buying some get-dirty mods for her Jeep.

I think that ditching the side pipes might actually make the back ones louder. I'll take the blanks that came with the Boss H-Pipe to work and drill them out to 5/8" and try them, maybe 3/4". I'll keep it on for now just because it's a pain n the ass to replace.

I love the way they look. They fill in the gap nicely and stick out a little more. If I get to where I feel like they are too loud I'll take my stock mufflers to work with me, cut the tips off and weld the Pype Bomb tips onto the stock mufflers.
I have them and I love em. I also use the radio adjustment feature at 2k! LOL!

Lucky13 is offline   Reply With Quote