Thread: Barton shifter
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 12:45 AM   #42
BLK2012GT
Scared to race Steve

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I didn't say the stock shifter was better. I said that the stock shifter isn't that bad to warrant spending $300+ and having to listen to vibration/rattling noises from being a solid piece. I have an MGW shifter in the Mach, it's a great shifter, no question about it. The stock one in the Mach was garbage and needed to be replaced. I don't feel that way about the one in the 5.0.
Hey I've had a lot of mustangs just like you. And I thought the stock shifter in my GT now was great. But then I read about how people loved the difference between the MGW and the stock. And once I did mine it was night and day difference and one of my favorite mod I've done to this car. You'll love it if you do switch shifters.
I agree. A stick car shocks the tires MUCH harder and does it several times going down the track. With a big power stick car, the car is much more unsettled going down the track making it more of a challenge to ET well. A well running auto car is nothing more than just point and shoot. Which is great for a track car taking a lot of driver error out of the equation.
BLK2012GT is offline   Reply With Quote