View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #113
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
What time does it start.
7'ish to close.

Originally Posted by STROKD View Post
My dad's car had almost an identical setup with a s trim, 42s and a chip, it made 476 @6000 and 10psi on 93. On race gas at same boost it made approximately 530-540. Don't spin it over 6000. Lol
6k? Are you high? Even under optimal circumstances you shouldn't shift a fox stock block above 5500. The harmonics from overspinning the motor is what kills the block when it splits right down the valley.

Add to that a blower pulling on the front crank pulley and a FMU for fuel management, spinning it that high is just asking for a blown motor. Using a FMU is like putting a Band-Aid on AIDS. Pointless. It's just there to barely make the car run and certainly not something that should be used as a source of reliability.

My 93 Cobra made over 500rw on the stock block for over 5 years. With a solid tune, a chip and 42lb injectors, it idled good considering the size of the large cam. The reason it will still running like a champ when I sold it was because I didn't beat the snot out of it and I didn't rev it above 5500rpm. I rarely drove it hard at all knowing the motor was on borrowed time.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote