View Single Post
Old 11-14-2012, 07:09 PM   #114
blownaltered
I have a small penis

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
7'ish to close.

6k? Are you high? Even under optimal circumstances you shouldn't shift a fox stock block above 5500. The harmonics from overspinning the motor is what kills the block when it splits right down the valley.

Add to that a blower pulling on the front crank pulley and a FMU for fuel management, spinning it that high is just asking for a blown motor. Using a FMU is like putting a Band-Aid on AIDS. Pointless. It's just there to barely make the car run and certainly not something that should be used as a source of reliability.

My 93 Cobra made over 500rw on the stock block for over 5 years. With a solid tune, a chip and 42lb injectors, it idled good considering the size of the large cam. The reason it will still running like a champ when I sold it was because I didn't beat the snot out of it and I didn't rev it above 5500rpm. I rarely drove it hard at all knowing the motor was on borrowed time.
Well until I get the a/f checked I'm not going past 4500. After the first the car will get bigger injectors and a tune. Till then I just want to make sure she doesn't go boom.

Strokd that sounds about right. Don't really want to push to much past that since the blocks don't like it. Just got the car don't want to blow it up yet.
blownaltered is offline   Reply With Quote