View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:57 AM   #10
DirtyD

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I love my o/r H and gt500 combo with stock resonators. It's not loud at all just driving around. Sounds great at WOT but can still be almost be as quiet as stock cruising in 6th gear on the highway.

One of the guys you were cruising with on Friday night his car was crazy loud. I rode in Merlins car too and just cruising down the highway it was still pretty loud. While it sounds pretty good, I'd get tired of it that loud all the time.

In my opinion, I think the O/R H, gt500's with stock resonators is perfect balance between muscle car sound but not obnoxiously loud.
Which one? LOL Every single one of them were loud as hell. Haha.

I'm wanting a little louder tone, but not obnoxious like you said. I guess the ORH will probably do the trick if I just hang out and wait.

Originally Posted by 46Tbird View Post
You won't notice any change. Bullet mufflers are perforated metal surrounded by a fiber packing material... which is exactly what resonators are. In fact, the Bullet mufflers are intended to be the only muffling device on an exhaust system so there's a pretty good chance your car will be even quieter with them.

Steve is on the right track. I would ditch my Boss 302 quad exhaust if I could run a catless H or X pipe. However, I don't want to run a tune for now.
Yeah, I know they are similar, but I figured they may give a little more volume. Johnathan's car is running bullets pre-axle on his car, and it's pretty damn loud without ABs on it.

Originally Posted by rriddle3 View Post
If you have the GT500s, why not just remove the resonators and see how you like that? If it's not enough, you can take it from that point.
GT500s with no resonators are raspy. They will also pop like crazy on decel without an OR midpipe, which will only get worse when that is added to the mix.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote