View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 09:27 PM   #3
JDMLOL

I just graduated with a degree in Business Information systems. The degree focused heavily on business with just enough IT. If I would have done it all over again I would have majored in Computer Science because I learned during my internships and towards the end of my degree that I really like the technical side of IT such as programming, development, etc... I may try to make a move into development eventually. A degree like MIS (management information systems), CIS (computer information systems), or BIS (business information systems) will set you up essentially to be a systems analysts or something similar. Basically the liaison between the core business and developers. I graduated from TCU (tuition was free for me) and the department chair of the BIS major does not have enough students to fill positions for companies that come recruiting on campus. IT is not going anywhere. Software is always being developed, maintained or modified. Plenty of job security and opportunities, especially in the DFW area. As a fresh grad out of college I'm making great money (not going to post my salary here but lets say well over 55K), plus a nice sign on bonus, rent paid for six months, great benefits, grad school financial assistance, etc. The company I work for is great. I know some grads making 70K+ in consulting starting out. As far as tuition, I know places like UNT and UTA which have good programs cost around 4k per semester. What was your undergrad in? The department chair of my major had an undergrad degree in Botany, lol.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS

Last edited by JDMLOL; 10-22-2014 at 09:30 PM.
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote