View Single Post
Old 10-22-2014, 10:27 PM   #7
JDMLOL

Originally Posted by Dominic Toretto View Post
Since I do have a bachelor's already, would you say that I may have already completed some "pre-requisite" courses (math, science, language, etc) that you need to do prior to actually jumping right into the course work for IT?

-Alex
Help desk would get boring to me. I would hate answering phones. Yeah, depending on where you graduated from, I'm sure quite a few credits would transfer over. Depending on what route you go, especially CS, you will probably need Calc 1 bare minimum for IT. CS would probably require higher level math courses other than just Calc 1 and 2. Have you though about just applying for a job at a tech company? Once you get a little experience in an IT project or a tech type job you could just learn on the job and move around within the field. I know plenty of IT people that started off in engineering, accounting, general business, or even in totally unrelated fields like history. Maybe take a few java courses and a PM class if you can without needing tons of prereqs.

The Queen:
2013 Race Red Mustang GT 6MT: 20" AMR's, GT500 AB, JBA LT's and ORX, SCT SF3/X3, MGW Short Throw, Some Carbon Wrap, Spoiler Delete, Eibach Sportlines, Koni STR.T's, BMR LCA's, BMR Relo Brackets, BMR UCA, Freedom Racing PHB, Maximum Motorsports CC Plates, BMR Safety loop, DSS Aluminum DS
JDMLOL is offline   Reply With Quote