View Single Post
Old 10-24-2014, 02:05 AM   #12
NAVAG

Originally Posted by JDMLOL View Post
Help desk would get boring to me. I would hate answering phones. Yeah, depending on where you graduated from, I'm sure quite a few credits would transfer over. Depending on what route you go, especially CS, you will probably need Calc 1 bare minimum for IT. CS would probably require higher level math courses other than just Calc 1 and 2. Have you though about just applying for a job at a tech company? Once you get a little experience in an IT project or a tech type job you could just learn on the job and move around within the field. I know plenty of IT people that started off in engineering, accounting, general business, or even in totally unrelated fields like history. Maybe take a few java courses and a PM class if you can without needing tons of prereqs.
Discrete Math....I have a BSIE and I took almost every math/physics they had to offer including all Calculus, Differential Equations, Linear Algebra, Statics, Dynamics, Thermo. etc. I had more difficulty understanding Java and C++ than any of the math that I took. But after I took Discrete Math my senior year all of the computer courses made perfect sense.

That was a long time ago. I probably couldn't do any of that math to save my life without pulling out a calculator or opening a spreadsheet. What a waste of money...
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote