View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by my95z28 View Post
Why do you say that? I see a couple of really simple exterior mods, tail lights, exhaust and hood paint but everything else looks stock and untouched under the hood. What's the best way for me to see if it's tuned?

In the Killeen area? If so was the car more extensively modded before? I've decided that I'm gonna wait on the warranty to expire before I tune it, currently at 34k miles of the 50k powertrain warranty, but if it's already tuned then time to get it contact with Shaun! I know it does still have the annoying skip shift that is driving me nuts, seems like that would be gone if it was tuned.
I just find it doubtful that anyone who would do those type of mods wouldn't do some sort of performance mods as well. If the catback was done, chances are an hpipe was on that car which would also mean there was a tune most likely done as well.

You could crawl under the car and check the bolts on the hpipe to see if they look like they have been removed at any point. If they look like they have been messed with, I would take the car into the dealership to have them look at it and count the key strokes on the start ups to see if they match the mileage or not. That would give you a good indication if it was tuned or not. Otherwise, if something goes wrong later and they see that, they could blame you for tuning it even though the prior owner did it.

Never, never, never trust a dealership to do their inspections on used cars. Even though they will tell you in their sales pitch the car a billion point inspection, they never do it. Ask anyone who has ever worked at a dealership, all they care about is turning cars over for sales. They want to put as little time and money into a car to put it back out on the lot quickly as possible.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote