View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 05:30 PM   #52
04sleeper
King of the Multi-quotes

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
I'm switching back to pump gas and adding torco to mine. My mpg sucked cause of e85. Even though I don't drive it that much, going to lewisville from frisco and back I use 1/4 of a tank. That's BS. Plus the drivability on the car sucked with e85. So I don't know if changing to 13:1 compression had anything to do with the drivability issue but I will not be running e85 again.
Good! Just leaves more for us!

And if e85 is soooooooo great how come none of the true race cars run it? Jus wondering.
Because most sanctioning bodies don't allow it. They consider it cheating.

I did pro e85 and they run 8's and 9's. still no 6's or 7's I didn't do a complete search but people been doing that shit for years on race gas. So nothing special. I still don't see how e85 is so much better then everything else. Sounds like you e85 guys are turning into the "new" LS1 guys.
They have been doing that shit for years on E85 as well.

Here's one of my good friends street car.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8WTHrojnms

Try this on Torco!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpO8w2X15zU

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
The 275x guys probably don't use it because their motors are built to work most efficient and most powerful off pure race gas and boost than anything else.

That would honestly be a question for Clint as to why they don't run it. Plus E85 only gives around 105 octane, and those guys are wanting like 120.
No. It's because most races won't allow it.

Originally Posted by re-rx7 View Post
The same goes for E85 you really never know if that is really E85. Its hit and miss. When I had my rx7 I premixed. Oil and that is and had a pretty gd ratio worked out.
Doesn't matter even if it were E70. It will still make more power and be more consistent.

BTW: I wouldn't run Torco in my lawnmower!

Unless you want your heads to look like this from all the MMT.

Or your plugs to look like this.

04sleeper is offline   Reply With Quote