View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 09:52 AM   #7
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Steve View Post
I suppose it depends on what your personal definition of loud is. I think it sounds pretty good at WOT, but it's no where near as loud as some of these other guys cars who are really loud. An opinion of what is loud or what sounds good really comes down to personal preference. If I wanted a super loud race car sound, I would have just stuck with foxbodies. TO ME, I think it takes away from how nice these cars are when making them super loud.

I personally prefer the H pipe because of its deeper tone and less raspy noise. The H pipe gives the car more of a deep muscle car tone versus the X that gives a higher pitched tone. My wife's Mach has an X pipe and its quite abit more raspy, but that is in part of the 4.6 motor.

Of all the years of Mustangs I've had, I think these new 5.0's are the hardest to get to sound just right. I love the classic Flowmaster sound of the foxbodies. I've heard just about every combo possible for these new 5.0's and I think the OR-H/gt500 is about as close to that as you can get with these high winding multi-cam motors.
I think we have the same taste in exhaust noise. I absolutely loved the way that the 4.6 motors sound with exhaust. Im choosing the Hpipe to get away from the raspiness.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote