View Single Post
Old 02-11-2014, 04:58 AM   #13
my95z28

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Agreed.

I do this periodically. I was at Chipotle in line when an officer came in behind me with his family(wife and two little girls). While standing in line waiting to get food, there was someone outside attempting to push start their car. Instead of just staying in line to eat, he made his family step aside so other people could go buy to help this guy push his car so he didn't get run over in the busy parking lot. When he came back inside, he saw some kids sitting at a table smiling at him, so instead of getting in line, he went out of his way to shake their hands and give them stickers. I'd only seen firemen giving out stickers before and thought it was cool of him to do so.

So, when I got up to the register, I pulled the manager aside and told him I wanted to pay for the officer and his family's lunch anonymously. They got to the register while I was filling up my tea at the drink station. I could see by the look on his face he was shocked and smiling. He looked around to see if he could figure out who it was but I was walking out the door.

I also do the same thing when I see someone in a military uniform when I can. Just a way to say thanks.
It really does make your day, I want to say thank you on behalf of the recipients that you've paid for meals for! San Angelo is awesome about it, in the year that I've been there I've probably had 4 or 5 lunches paid for and I go out only 2 or 3 times a month for lunch. Lots of times its completely anonymous but really makes you feel good that people are grateful for what you do. It's a lot better than when I was in Biloxi, MS and saw a bumper sticker that said, "Save Biloxi, Kill an Airman".
my95z28 is offline   Reply With Quote