View Single Post
Old 11-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
Dan12GT

13.)
On with the Zaino!

To add some protection to my paint I wanted to treat it to some Zaino as it offers huge levels of protection as well as it is very easy to apply as a top layer of polish.

As seen in the picture is a bottle of their Z2 compound which is designed to be simply applied and buffed away. It is best used if layered. The small box is a kit to apply a hardener so the polish can be layered a number of times on top of each other. One layer can easily be applied with 10-15 minutes. It should not sit any longer than 15 minutes before buffed away so as the last bit is applied the first bits can be buffed off in rotation from oldest applied polish to newest.

This is paired up with the Zaino Z6 quick detail spray to clean up any residue from the first round of Zaino Z2 as well as make the surface slick and easier and more efficient to apply further layers of Z2.

In total I applied 3 layers of Z2 and 3 layers of Z6.

Some after Pics of the Zaino:

As you can see I mixed up way too much of the Zaino. The small bottle is what I used the polish from as it was mixed with the hardener; I only originally filled it half way. I could have done 2-3 more cars I forgot how easily this stuff is used. Oh well, a note for the future I guess:

14.)
Still some more Zaino. This product I have never tried so I figured what the heck. It is revered as being the best sealant spray they have, not a quick detail spray. Boy did I love it. I didn't really see much added clarity / depth added but this enhanced the surface slickness like 10 fold! Makes me feel good about dirt / water just washing away easily. Also I was able to cover the entire car in under 20 sprays from the bottle.

15.)
Some final pics before the Clear Seal:

ZERO swirls or haze. You can actually see that even the black has a bit of a metallic flake to it. Those spots are not dirt but deeply revealed flake in the paint, its present throughout the entire vehicle, only really visible with a bright light.

16.)
Final step:

* Zaino Clear Seal.
This product I also have not used yet but have read great things too. It is made to be applied with one of their applicator pads and let dry clear, no buffing away. I am not going to lie I was a bit nervous doing this part as I got the car looking soo darn good I was worried of having to back track. The directions say to use 1/8 oz. I thought that was insane. Upon using it though I found it spread insanely easily 2 squirts from this small bottle did my entire hood.

Some after pics of it going on:
You can kinda see some rainbow looking haze, which is normal for this product.

Depending on how much you use it depends on how long it will dry. This was the final step for the night so I let it sit over night.

I came back the next morning and found it cleared dry is most all places. Zaino suggests to follow up in any area with some z6 spray if you applied too much and it dried hazy. For the most part I did okay. I learned how little goes so far with this product though. I used about 1/4 of an oz. My skills with this product remain to be perfected.

Final pics in next post...

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph

Last edited by Dan12GT; 11-26-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote