View Single Post
Old 02-17-2014, 01:17 PM   #28
DirtyD

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
To me, if you're that financially stretched if you're having to budget the gas for it you can't afford the car. When you buy a car it's given its going to use so much fuel for regular use as a commuter. There was obviously much better choices for a commuter for fuel economy that would have been better suited for your budget. Being things are that tight, if something happens the car needs repairs, you're at the dealerships mercy depending on them to honor the warranty in order to fix it, if they don't, you're going to be in a bad spot. Side note to it, if you're stuck with a near stock car because of needing the warranty, you're not getting a full enjoyment from the car not being able to mod it as you want and that's if you can afford to mod it at all. /shrug. JMO's.
I can agree with all of that. But I'm not setting a fixed amount of money to be spent on gas. Just trying to cut down how much gas I use and trying to cut down the miles I put on my car as well, in the process.

However, I am driving my car more than the typical daily commuter, roughly 2k miles a month. I knew what I was getting into when I bought the car, and I knew gas was going to the be the most expensive part. As for dealership work, luckily the blow struts were the only issue I've had, and it was my own doing that caused that. I've also not be hard enough on myself in terms of my other spending habits besides car parts. Plus I never intended on having a dog as soon as I did, but oh well. Not sure why I felt to give an explanation for myself, but I did.
DirtyD is offline   Reply With Quote