Thread: z/28 review. .
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2014, 10:56 AM   #14
Crimson600+HP

Car is not meant to be a dragster, that's what the COPO Camaro is for. Same reasoning behind people turning Boss 302's into straight line only cars. I never understood why people want to make cars like this a dragster, but to each there own.

Motortrend did a video on the Z/28 recently and the car is a legend. Very reminicint of the Trans Am days where things like the Boss 429 was made (for us Mustang guys). MT had Randy Pobst (professional racecar driver and owns many track records for production cars) run the Z/28 at Barber's track in GA. It's times were faster by 6 seconds than a Nissan GTR I believe. This car will be a legend for people who drive it like it is meant to be used. $75K is not outrageous for this car IMO either. Considering what it can do, it is still a bargain. Also is the last chance for people to get ahold of that handbuilt LS7 before it goes the way of the dinosaurs.

One thing that Randy said that the Z/28 did not put the power down as well as the Boss 302 even though it was faster. Not bad for a stick axle. He also claimed a lot of the Z/28's grip is accredited to the R Comp 305's on the front once they were warmed up. I know for sure my car now running 285's in the front will do a alot more on the road course than it did with the 255's.
ProCharger P1SC Stage 2|Full Suspension|New Plans: NA CJ Intake Manifold/OR H Pipe/3.73 Gears
Road Raced|Auto-X'd
Drag Raced|12.4s @ 119.7
Texas Mile|1/2 Mile: 140.3|1 Mile: 166.4|She had more in her!
Crimson600+HP is offline   Reply With Quote