View Single Post
Old 11-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #10
El_Tortuga

Terry,

What did you need to "correct"? How many times I ended up going to your shop? The correct answer is 5.

Not sure how the issue is a "lack of patience" on my part. I threw in the towel after:
1) waiting 2 wks to get the plates
2) they didn't fit the struts
3) the spring perches were about 3/8" bigger than the stockers (the calipers don't lie). After being burned on the strut fit, it was "oh no, here we go again".

I went to your website and the "instructions" (some of the pictures are annotated) don't show the interference, no mention of using a BFH, nor was this ever indicated to me in our discussions and emails. At that point it was painfully clear to me that I did not have the parts shown in the pics. I tried calling, but nobody answered the phone on a Sat AM. I even pulled the stock springs out of the attic to see if it was an Eibach issue, but the stockers had identical IDs and pigtail. I did try moderate strikes with the dead blow hammer, and wasn't making any headway, so I put the Konis on with the stock plates.

At that point, it was definitely best to part ways even after I got the rest of the story Monday. I don't have any issue with the explanation, but it sure would have saved a bunch of frustration.

After researching my options,I ordered the MM plates a day later. They arrived later in the week, had a good set of instructions, worked as advertised, and the rest is history. By midday the next Saturday I was on a test drive. I'm happy with the MM plates, its pretty great to be able to dial in more camber for "events" and dial it back for daily duty.

Some consumer feedback:
1) If you have to build up "per order", please stock the needed parts. I hated being drug into the mess of your machine shop/plater deliveries. Definitely irritating when the Konis I ordered after your stuff sat in my garage for 2 events.
2) A proper set of instructions, or at least communication of the fitment issue. Certainly conflicting pictures is a recipe for unhappiness.
3) A "beat to fit" solution doesn't align well with a premium price (I got the MM plates delivered to my door for $230 less). A way to reuse the stock perches, a simple stepped cylinder with the GT500 offset isolators, etc.

I genuinely hope for your success, but my dime is now biased away. Your narratives and pictures are entertaining and informative. Good luck.

Joe
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote