Thread: White 2012 GT
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014, 03:59 PM   #1
46Tbird

Default White 2012 GT

I just realized I'd never started a thread here. So here's the story of my GT.

When the coyotes hit the streets, I told my uncle (BLK50 / 2011BaseGT) about them. Wouldn't you know it, he went out and bought one that night. An all-black base M6 GT without a single option. Cool car.

Of course he got bit pretty hard by "the bug." He got a tune, some CS56 wheels, black vinyl stripes, FRPP P springs, GT500 ABs, etc.

So at this point I already like the new Mustangs. Then I took a road trip with a friend of mine through the desert southwest in a Kona Blue Hertz 2011 GT auto. Man what a great touring car.

So when I got back, the hunt was on. It had to be a red or white base M6 coupe with the Brembo brake package and 3.73s (no Track Pack at the time). Some internet sleuthing turned up a couple of cars but they were all the wrong color. Then one turned up in Tulsa OK and I drove five hours up there, trusting they would make the deal they promised over the phone. It all worked out.