View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014, 07:25 PM   #79
Junkie

Originally Posted by BLK2012GT View Post
Good god that video had nothing but pure sex in it. And keeping any car under control doing 170 plus does take skills. I was doing 160 when I raced Eric and the car felt like it was floating. And you guys know damn well that type of racing would be a lot of fun. I would love to do that.
Got some good news coming for you soon.

Originally Posted by 03MachMe View Post
my point is this all thing equal with the same car it is easier to roll race than it is to drag race and its easier to drag race than it is to road race/autox. whether its a 1500hp lambo or a 300hp mustang one thing will be harder to do than the other. To me this kind of racing is the easiest of the 3. That is just my opinion. Yes I am sure it takes quite a bit of skill to get this car to stay straight in a TI event. however I bet its even harder to launch at the track and run a fast time for its power level, and prolly even harder to control on a road course. That is all I was saying . I know these cars are stupid fast, and as they should be for the money they cost. Its just not my cup of tea. Your testing more about the car and less about the driver. If that is what you are after, to prove you own a faster car than everyone else, then this is the type of racing for you. Which is why a lot of people do it. I however would rather prove I am a better driver than others, which is why I like road/autox and occasionally the drag strip. You took it way too personal like we are saying you can't drive because you have a 1000+ hp car. Not what we were saying just that we think it takes less skill to get the same car down a roll race than it does for a dig race or a road race.
I didn't take anything personal. I LOL at people acting like they know what they are talking about. When in reality they have absolutely no clue.

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
You guys are cracking me up. I don't hate rich people, I make good money off rich people. As for the elitist comment it has nothing to do with the owners of those cars. It has to do with the attitude cheap ass mustang guys were getting about not understanding real horsepower expensive cars. Come on re-read your first few posts, they do come out a little pompous or at least that is how I read it.

To answer your question no I have not been in a 1000hp plus street car so you are right in the aspect, that I don't know what it feels like. I understand controlling one of these monsters cant be easy but to say it takes major skill, I just will not agree with. Now I have been high 7's in the 1/4 and know that's not simple, I just can't see roll racing being that difficult. I could be wrong.
Its very simple, you are in fact wrong.

Its pretty typical in the racing world, not just roll racing. Most car enthusiast think they are experts about all types of racing. Regardless of experience or not.

I'm a firm believer of speaking from experience, thats it.