Thread: Z/28
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2013, 12:08 PM   #40
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by saunupe1911 View Post
The Boss LS is street car that can be raced on the track. The Z/28 is track car that can be licensed on the street. They are truly 2 different classes of car. That's just my opinion.

So now lets look at some factual stuff rather than a bunch of opinions. Grab a Boss 302 S (or BOSS 302 R) and put it side by side with the Z/28. They have the same options. See for yourself. The only difference is a roll cage. Again, the Z/28 is nothing but a street legal GS.R with optional AC and a little bit of interior. So I'm impressed by the official lap times of the Z/28, but I'm also not surprised since I see this caliber of car race on Fox Sports once a month.

And again this generation is over! No one is going to challenge GM and this car simply because they have moved on. GM better start working on that Alpha platform rather than building special edition track cars at the end of it's generation.

http://www.fordracingparts.com/compe...osscompare.asp

Bottom line, the car is a beast but I'm not impressed because I've already seen what a stripped down version of the car could do. That's my spill on this subject. I'm moving on because December is real close!!!!
Good post. I believe the new mustang is gonna be a force to be reckoned with.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote