View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #37
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by downtime! View Post
I said those very words when I first got mine. Then I took it anyway and ran 13 flat bone stock. Too much fun not to keep going at that point.
Years ago I was a track rat taking my fox coupe to the track. No doubt about it, it was fun, but it was also expensive because that was where I broke shit. hahaha. But even more so, it was a lot of time which I don't have anymore.

Originally Posted by JDBishopArts View Post
Personally, I've never been a fan of centrifugal type superchargers. If I ever put F/I on mine I'll get a Whipple or a Turbo.
Centri blowers are fun too. It just depends on how you are using them. I had a Vortech on my 93 Cobra and it was a lot of fun to drive. It MPH'd really well, just really had to spin some RPM to do it. I understand your point though, after driving the 98, it's really hard not to love the instant torque of a PD blower.It was a stupid amount of fun when I got that car tuned right. lol.

KB/Roush - Pro: instant torque powerband. Near silent stealth like sound to it.

Con: At least $2500 more expensive than a Vortech. KB's customer service is less than stellar. I've never had either one to know how long it's going to last. More difficult to install.

Vortech - Pro: I've owned before. Dead reliable for thousands of miles. Much cheaper and easier to install.

Con: A lil loud, builds boost as RPM climbs rather than instant boost of a roots blower.

Right now, I keep going back and forth which way to go but I've got plenty of time to make that decision. lol.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote