Thread: C6 vette vs 5.0
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 11:47 PM   #115
GB_Stang

Originally Posted by jpgraham65 View Post
Well, finally got down to Austin to visit my brother. We took the 2005 C6 vette (Z51) and my 2012 Brembo GT out on some fantastic twisties. Austin has some great roads. These roads have super tight hairpins with much variation vertically. I was completely impressed with the way my car handled. With my mods (nothing too drastic), I couldn't detect any obvious differences in handling ability between my car and the vette. The 5.0 left me with a grin for the rest of the day. We even got a drag race in at a country stoplight. Dead even up to 80 before we cut it out. With a CAI and tune these cars are every bit as fast as a 2005 vette, at least up to 80.
Gosh I guess I'm kind of late to this... I would say that is right on par. A lightly modded 5.0 is right on par with a c5 z06 or ls2. It will take just a few more mods to beat an ls3. My modded 11 5.0 beat my buddy's stock ls2 and lost by a hair to my other buddy's c5 z06. I say it's definitely a driver's race. Once I got the ls3, the friend with the c5z thought he would walk on me, but from 50-120 I had about 4-6 cars on him.

I can't believe there are so many other vette owners on here. I will say I do miss my mustang... the interior is much better, better quality, a lot more comfortable and in my opinion, a much more practical daily driver.

2011 Mustang GT Premium 6MT: Glass roof, Ford Racing K Springs, Bassani Mufflers, Resonator Delete, Boss 302 IM, JLT CAI, Dallas Mustang Tune, GT500 Spoiler, GT500 Rear Valance, Boss 302 Front Valance w/fogs,302 Splitter, SVE Drift Wheels, Blacked out 5.0 emblems, 5k HIDs, LED Interior and LP Bulbs
GONE, BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

2008 Corvette LS3 A6- Muffler Delete, Full LED Swap, Yellow Fogs
GB_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote