View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 02:13 PM   #31
downtime!

Originally Posted by SlowGreyGT View Post
Any supercharger will work well enough on these cars to put them into the 10s. It really comes down to personal preference and budget.

Personally KB and Magnuson would be on the bottom of my list. KB has horrible customer service and Magnuson's support on their Mustang products is really subpar. While the Magnuson is capable of making decent power it is the most inefficient of the bunch requiring to be spun harder to make the same power the others do out of the box while still carrying the hefty price tag.
I don't disagree with anything that's been said here, or in the other posts. I'm not a KB nutswinger by any means, and if the deal wouldn't have been so good (Installed, tuned, larger injectors, BAP, etc, for much less than the cost of the kit alone), there would be a Hellion kit on my car right now. My point is simply that it doesn't matter how bad you think something sucks, someone has figured out how to make it fast. It's all a matter of sticking with it, and figuring out what works. Would I buy a Magnacharger? No. Have I seen fast cars that use them? Definitely. Same for any of the blowers, as you said. Decent tuning will get you a 10 second street car out of any of them. My car is full weight (3755 with me in it when it was N/A, figure an extra 150 pounds now, so 3900 ready to race), full leather interior, no weight reduction at all other than removing the spare and jack, stock suspension except for a set of J&M lca's, stock MT82, stock 3.55 geared rear end, we bolted an out of the box base 2.8LC kit on it and it ran 131 mph in the quarter right from the get go. Now, seeing how bad the tune really was, maybe it's actually faster than that, maybe it's not. Doesn't matter to me, it wasn't built to be the fastest 5.0 around. It was built to make me smile when I drive it.