View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #17
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by blownaltered View Post
Oh here we go again. I forgot the coyote motor is the ls1 of ford. Did god touch this one as well. There are more than one coyote on this board alone that has blown up or bent a rod. The rods are weak and you have crap pistons, the blocks are strong but that's it. It's not a built motor so lets stop acting like they are.
You're such a hater. Have NO clue what you are talking about.

There are TONS of Coyotes running around with thousands of miles on them making between 600 and 700rw on the stock rods and pistons safely. Try making that with YOUR shortblock. Ain't going happen because yours is on borrowed time at 475rw and above and limited to 5500rpms. Harmonics murder the fox motors.

What you clearly are unaware of is the tuners out there doing battle with eachother for business. There are TWO tuners who had an inside person at Ford that was sharing data with them that were able to get tunes out there that ran great. Then there was some of the other tuners who were trying to copy what they were doing without all of the data and blowing #8s and NOT because they are weak, but something in the tune. Then a "fix" was put out and the #8 thing has nearly gone completely away except for those guys at Bama who can't get it right and continue to blow up shit.

In this hobby, shit is going to break. It's just going to happen when you are attempting to make engines designed to perform beyond how the factory meant them too. But just hating on them because you are reading the same regurgitated BS from other people who clearly don't know what they are talking about is lame. The new tech available to us is awesome not taking advantage of it is just ignorance.

You know I loved my foxes (I had over a dozen them for crying outloud), but now there is better stuff out there that makes more power easier, more reliably and efficiently.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote