Thread: Ice mode
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
El_Tortuga

Originally Posted by Lucky13 View Post
What's ice mode?
Even with Traction Control turned completely off, ABS is still going. If it thinks ice (apparently too much slippage too fast), it jumps in and kills the amount of brake. Road course folks have had offs due to this. I just ended up way deeper than intended. Once it goes into "ice" mode I don't think you can get out of it other than turning the car off.

I think it also reengages some TC or stability control. It jumped in HARD, chirping the tires a couple of times when I was accellerating hard and had a nice drift going.

Might be some cumulative triggers in the background. I've done 10-11 autocross with this car now, and its only happened during the 2 "hot lap" style events (NTAX, BMW). Pretty sure the surface is a contributor. 1st time was COLD (NTAX winter = sub 40), and Saturday was a slick sealed asphalt surface.

I've gotten some other feedback similar to Ninja, i.e. try to be less aggressive on the brakes on these surfaces to try and keep it from engaging.
2014 GT Track Pack (300A) Black/Black, Recaros, Eibach Pro-kit, Koni adj (yellows), MM camber plates, Whiteline PHB & bracket, Whiteline adj rear sway,Hawk HP+, J+M SS lines,FRPP brake ducts, GT500 AB, 275/35/18 BFG Rivals on 18x10x43 D-force LTWs, Tint and blackout.
El_Tortuga is offline   Reply With Quote