View Single Post
Old 11-22-2014, 01:38 AM   #45
NAVAG

Old School:

My first mod was flipping the lid of my air cleaner upside down. First work I did on a mustang was helping a friend install a 4 barrel carburetor. All we had was our dads tools, a case of beer and very little direction. We didn't have a performance shop per-say. Couldn't tell how much HP we actually had either.

I had to take a 20 year hiatus from car stuff to raise a family so I'm new to all the performance shop hoopla so I really don't understand all the 'Brand Loyalty' and all the bickering about which shop blows less engines.

I understand that the parts, labor, and engine are super expensive but that's all part of the risk/reward. The one question that I have is this: Do these shops make you sign a waiver or a release before these big jobs that free them from any liability? If not, then why aren't they getting sued when they fuck up?

I, personally, wouldn't take that much of a risk with my car. I know folks that do. I got a co-worker that sinks more money in his corvette than my car is worth and he is tight with almost all the DFW shops but from what I understand from him is that he is taking all the risk whether his shit blows up on the track or on the dyno.

If I'm going to sink 10-20K or more into a project I'd rather put it into a classic. But that's just me.
1989 GRAY/SILVER AUTO GT
1988 RED GT
1989 WHITE LX 5.0 HATCH
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote