Thread: How's your MPG?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 03:47 PM   #4
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Rreemo View Post
Title was supposed to be "How's" your MPG....fat-fingered that one!
Fixed it for ya sir. I've gotten as much as 27mpg btw.

Originally Posted by DirtyD View Post
Not sure what the algorithms look like on these cars for the inboard MPG calcs, but I'm pretty sure it can't be THAT much difference between the two. The only thing I can figure that would cause that would be resetting the onboard MPG without resetting the trip od.

Also, to truely break in these cars, you need to beat them into the ground for at least the first 1000 miles. Big discussion about the break-in procedures for modern cars. Days of being light are over. Vary the RPMs as much as possible, and give it some short spurts of spirited driving to help the ring seat better.

Back on topic, I have been through 5 fillups since I bought the car. 1 via dealer (87) and 4 myself (3-93 & 1-91 in OK). I have seen anywhere from 14.7 (14.5 in-dash) up to 21 (20.5 in-dash) on a full tank. As far as highest period on the in-dash readout, I've seen 23.6 on a stretch of highway driving @ 70 this past weekend.
LMAO, then I might be screwed because I have yet to really open my car up and I've got 3k miles on it.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote