View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #32
Dan12GT

Originally Posted by kdanner View Post
You guys need to quit looking at/asking for dyno numbers and start looking at on track results. We don't race dynos. 180 MPH for me, and plenty of you saw wbt run tens from the very first pass with the manifold on the car in August on a track most of you guys say is no good. Those are real world results of what that manifold can do.

You're above 6000 all the time huh? So, you shift your car as follows:

1-2 9000 RPM
2-3 8700 RPM
3-4 7700 RPM

Because that's the minimum RPM you're going to be making those shifts at to keep it above 6000. Either that or you're full of bullshit, again.

Again, the short bus forum, his BS isn't put up with anywhere else. Shaun is the guy who couldn't make his own car run better with a Boss intake. Why would anyone listen to him?

For 1 most of use don't live at the track so we are looking for something easily tangible as a measure to go by if the investment in an expensive manifold is worth it or not.

2. Say all you want about dyno numbers yes, they don't equal a translation to track results but if you take a car already setup with a boss manifold rip that off on the same day with the same dyno in the same relative atmospheric conditions / temperatures and you see a consistent number difference with a new setup I think its pretty easy to say now you have some form of evidence to make a decision if it's worth it or not.

3. The Boss manifold has a consistent dyno proven history of the numbers falling hard under ~6500 rpms. That's been proven consistent on many comparisons on many dyno's on many cars. Obviously the results will vary but all are consistent with what to expect.

The guy on SVT Performance was essentially trying to show the comparison.

Unless your are making a serious amount of more power say like 30+ or more I think you can expect to see track results given you are a excellent consistent driver, which again most of us are not so its harder for us to use the track results as a medium for comparison.

Airaid CAI | Borla S-Type Catback | Amsoil 10w30 and MTG Trans. Fluid
382hp 387ft/lb | 1/4: 12.9 @ 112mph

Last edited by Dan12GT; 09-02-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Dan12GT is offline   Reply With Quote