Thread: 5w50-ouch
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2014, 07:02 PM   #56
re-rx7
Banned

Originally Posted by Disturbed View Post
At startup? The 50 isnt as relevant for startup protection as the the first Winter grade number is, and what your particular climate is. Startup engine protection relies heavily on the cold viscosity of your winter grade. Not sure if your attempting to troll or what, because you have yet to actually tell me where the flaw is in said knowledge. If the next response is anything but, I will probably move on to other, more important threads.

Not trying to be offensive at all. But when someone shares knowledge of something they have looked deeply into to help those with questions, theres usually better and / or more detailed responses then "You guys are all very off on your understanding of motor oils." How about you share your knowledge, instead of making a generalized browbeat of others, and leave some details as to how you came to that conclusion.
My point is simple. YOu dont always have to have a thicker oil if your going to be racing. Conditions are the biggest consideration and a thicker oil can do more harm then good in some situations. In my mind there is no need for a 50 in the stang. Wouldnt you agree?

I use a Penn ultra and it is better then entry level AMsoil in alot of test at a far cheaper price.
re-rx7 is offline   Reply With Quote