View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #577
Grandpa
I> /\/\

Originally Posted by Yagermeister View Post
Sorry Jeff, I like my license and I like my insurance costs right where they are. If you want to break the law and lose your license have fun. We'll see how that works out for you when you have to drive to the next jobsite when you don't have your license or can't get insurance. I've been there and done that and will not do it again.

I race where real racers race...the track.
I agreed with all of your post until the very last part. lol

I understand why some don't street race and I'm in full agreement for the reasons why. But to say its where the real racers race and to discount anything else because you don't do it is abit closedminded in my opinion. There is a LOT of cars that are 100% street duty only that will drag your car like it was running one cylinder. lol.

I used to be a hardcore racer of all kinds. We'd go to the track, then when the track closed we headed right to the street races to race until the sun came up.

I don't race as much as I use to for several reasons -

-I'm a parent now and don't have the luxury of being careless racing anywhere and everywhere just cuz the opportunity presents itself.

-I'm over breaking shit and just throwing away money. Ugh, if I only had all that money I wasted! lol

-Time.

I do however enjoy the occasional pull against a friend, or a highway on ramp still. I don't typically just run anyone anymore. Cars are too powerful these days and there is many inexpierenced young drivers out there now that thing these cars are some sort of badass racecar and can't control them. So I don't take that chance like I used to.

I'm a big believer in there is a time and place for it. A clear line of sight, no hills, no traffic and being familiar with the road I'm on.
Grandpa is offline   Reply With Quote