View Single Post
Old 01-26-2014, 03:46 PM   #54
NAVAG

I have a BAMA Tune
89 Street
93 Performance
93 Race

My mustang is a daily driver and I had it on "Street" for one day. Didn't see any MPG savings and it had the engine running so lean that after nearly stalling while going up the tall ramp from 635 to I30 by Town East I switched over to "Race"

While on "Race" I notice my Air/Fuel ratio stays around 13.5 and drops to about 12.5 with the throttle wide open where stock settled in around 14. MPG dropped like a ton of bricks and I didn't feel much difference between the "Race" and "Performance" tunes. There might be a small difference, however, I haven't done any pulls on a dyno yet to see.

I leave it on "Performance" most of the time. I can feel a good increase in HP over 4000 RPM compared to stock and I average 26-28 MPG on the highway.

I feel like I got more gains from the CAI than I did with the BAMA tune with normal driving until I get on it. But then again, I'm not setting this car up for racing. If I were then I would drop some serious coin on a blower and a custom dyno/tune. Bama tune just helps the stock engine with moderate bolt-on mods reach its potential.
NAVAG is offline   Reply With Quote